What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?
Wiki definition of SEO. Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of your website in search engine’s unpaid search results. This practice has been happening on since the 1990’s.
Content is King!
As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work, what people search for, the actual search terms or keywords typed into search engines and which search engines are preferred by their targeted audience. Optimizing a website may involve editing its content, HTML and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines.
Content Drives Search Presence
If you want your info to be found by searchers and search engines, you need to provide content that your customers want. You must build webpages with content and assets (e.g. videos) that can be indexed. When someone searches for a particular subject they tend to use common phrasing, so you need to know the correct search argument (or search terms) and have the most compelling result amongst all the results.
Fresh Content is Best!
When you update your website, this is a message to search engines that your content is fresh. But, just being “new” isn’t good enough! You have to offer something different, and preferably exciting. For example, a sale! Or, perhaps fresh fruit or produce, not normally available.
What can Top Line Media do for you?
- Track SEO, Social and PPC Key Performance Indicators.
- Weekly Ranking and Work updates – Our SEO expert will send you weekly updates of what’s happening with your account and movement in your keyword positions.
- Social Reputation Monitoring- Monitor your reputation on Social media sites (3 Keywords)
- Edit (or write) your copy to ensure that your “keywords” are right!
- Teach you, or assist you in keeping content fresh.
- Develop a marketing plan that is both effective and within your budget.
- Help you make your website “Social Media” friendly.
- Help you establish links to other merchants in your geographic area for increased local traffic.