Marketing your horse business online is a step many do not understand or want to deal with. It can seem overwhelming. You may not have any interest in marketing or you can not find the right horse person to help with the marketing. Maybe as a business owner you already wear too many hats, and keeping up with the digital marketing landscape is not something you have time for. Whatever your reason is for not marketing your horse business online, today’s the day to start.
Here at Top Line Media Team, your horse person marketing company, we want to help you get your horse business online. We have created this list of 5 free and simple online marketing tips. By try one or all, you will gain additional sales and profits.
5 free and simple online marketing tips to get your horse business up and running.
- List your business online There are currently 3 big indexes you should be listed with. Google, Bing, and Yelp. Some would argue to list with Yahoo Local as well. Listing with these places will help you get listed on their maps. It’s really super-easy and doesn’t take much time. Just fill out their form questions and go through their verification process. Just make sure that you are consistent with your details. You will be amazed at the amount of traffic this picks up!
- Know your customer You need to know your customer and what they need. Who are they? What kind of lifestyle do they have? What is their typical income? Do they have kids? Do they homeschool? Are they a busy entrepreneur or do they have a 9-5? Where do they spend their time online? Facebook or SnapChat? This is where you want to be! Get a good picture of who this person is and write it down on paper. You may have a few different personas. But, focus in on one, and get to know them pretty well, make sure they will be satisfied when they visit your horse business.
- Keep your brand consistent across the web Make sure that your logo is consistent across all marketing channels. This image, along with your fonts, colors and ‘feel’ of your site represent your company’s brand. If you are just starting out then you may just want to consider your logo but as your business grows then you will definitely want to consider adding these elements to your brand and website Keep it consistent. Why? You want your target customer to recognize you when they are on Instagram and then again when they see you on FB. Your logo will start to imprint in their mind, they will form unconscious opinions, thoughts or feelings about the company. When they see it next, they will be more apt to engage.
- Start a blog or newsletter – If you can put together about 300 words (which isn’t very much) about the adventures of your horse business, then you will start to inform potential clients about your business. Do you train horses or dogs? Keep a journal about their progress. Do you run a veterinarian’s office? Write about the different questions you get on a daily basis from your clients. Write informational blogs about a typical horse, dog or cat illnesses and what your clients can do to prevent them.
- SEO – it’s important. – Don’t underestimate the power of search engine optimization and keywords. There are a few things that you can do to get started on this endeavor. Start with asking your clients, how they found you on the web? If it was Google, what was the search term they used? What search term would you use if you were going to do a search for your business? If it was “tack shop” or “horseback riding” then you’ll want to create a cornerstone page using this keyword or phrase. There are a lot of videos and blogs that you can read up on to help you get started. Keyword Planner is a great place to get you on your way!
There is so much information out there that is helpful. It can be overwhelming. Some business owners don’t wear the marketing horse hat very well, and that’s OK! If you’d rather spend more time doing what comes naturally to you, then, Top Line Media Team is here to help you with that! Just fill out the form below.